Sunday, June 03, 2007

DIY ironing board cover

I wanted to share how super easy it is to make a new ironing board cover. I had bought one from Wally Mart awhile ago for 99 cents and it had seen it's better days! It had burns, pen marks and holes, it was a mess!

Sooo I took it apart and cut out the pattern on some cute green polka dot fabric, and woo hoo new ironing board cover!! It only took me about a half hour from start to finish. :)

ironing_board1

ironing_board2

So my old cover had a string that was used to pull the cover tight over the ironing board, so I reused it by serging over it very carefully (that's how the old one was made). I think you could probably use a wide zig-zag stitch to get the same effect, if you don't have a serger! Or just sew on elastic!

ironing_board4

ironing_board3

Finished product!
ironing_board5

ironing_board6

No comments: