Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Homemade Organic Applesauce

My neighbor gave me this huge bucket of apples from her tree, so of course I had to make applesauce!

I used this recipe ...
http://www.pickyourown.org/applesauce.htm

I haven't canned any yet. I left the skins on too, and the applesauce turned pink, but it was sure yummy. I'm going to make baby puree to freeze next, but I'll take of the skins first.

I'm not sure what kind of apples they are, my neighbor didn't know either, I did a Google search I think they might be Rome or Arkansas Black apples.

Yummy Homemade Organic Applesauce!

It was fun, but the applesauce came out super thick! I think it was because I only have the food grinder attachment for my kitchenaid and I actually need the fruit and veggie strainer as well.

No comments: