Update: 04/26/2011 New Pattern added!
Owl Body ----> Here
Owl Parts ----> Here
Owl Parts Placement ----> Here
Instructions ----> Here
Hey all, I've decided to add a new segment of sorts to this ol' blogaroo!
I will try post a pattern or tutorial for a super sweet craft project every month (or so), just for you!
First installment, a plush owl pattern... :D
Plush Owl Pattern
FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY NO RECREATING FOR RESALE
Main Fabric: Faux fur, minky, fleece, felt, or printed Cotton ~ 1/4 Yard
Contrasting Fabric ~ 1/8 Yard
Craft or Wool Felt
Buttons or Doll Eyes
Matching Thread or Invisible Thread
1. Print out owl pattern onto card stock or paper and cut pieces out.
2. Trace the pattern with fabric pen or pencil, onto the wrong side of fabric.
3. Cut out main body and wing pieces from fabric.
4. Trace and cut out eye pieces onto contrasting fabrics.
5. On one piece of the main body fabric (right side up), pin outer eye pieces in place, *top stitch into place.
6. Pin inner eye on top of the outer eye pieces, *top stitch into place.
*You can also glue the eyes into place, if desired.
7. Sew buttons or add plastic doll eyes in the center of the fabric eye pieces for added character.
8. Place beak in the middle of the eyes, pin, and top stitch or glue into place.
9. Sew the wings, right sides facing, leaving one side open as shown. Turn wings right side out
Pin wings in place as shown, match up the raw edges to the sides of the opening on the wings, to the main body and pin into place.
10. Match up body pieces, right sides facing, and pin together. Sew along the edge, leaving a 1/4 inch seam allowance and a one inch opening at the bottom as shown.
Remove pins, clip excess fabric and notch curves, turn right side out. Stuff generously with fiber fill. Hand sew bottom opening with matching thread or invisible thread.
Enjoy your cute plush owl!
If you made this project, please be sure to let us know! Link back here or upload your cute creation to our Flickr Pool