Friday, April 01, 2011

(Easter) Egg Shakers

I made these last year and forgot to post about it! My toddler was in Kindermusik last year and loved the little egg shakers they used in class. Instead of shelling out the big bucks for theirs, I made ten for under two bucks!

Found the eggs at Walmart, these were the only plastic eggs I found that didn't have little holes in the top or bottom of the egg, which is crucial to this project (you don't want any moisture to get in!)



Anyway, I filled the eggs with what I hand on hand: black beans, lentils, popcorn kernels, and rice. Then glued them shut with a nice strong craft glue like E6000. The rice and the popcorn kernels make the best sound! This is a great inexpensive project for you little music lover, and a year later they have held up well!

No comments: